If you’ve just recently installed a pool, you may be excited about the enjoyment you’ll get out of it. But it’s not all fun and games owning a pool. You’ll have to take care of it, and not everyone knows what goes into taking care of a pool. You can’t just ignore pool maintenance because problems will begin to escalate. One of the components of pool maintenance is pool circulation.
Learning About Circulation
All pools have looped plumbing systems that are meant to circulate all of the water in your pool each day. Swimming pool pumps are used to pull water away from the pool, have it heated up, filtered, and treated, then send the water back into the pool.
Maintaining Pool Circulation
- Your pool pump is among the most vital parts of your circulation system. It draws water out of your swimming pool so the water can be put through a filter before it gets sent back into the pool. This needs to be done on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the pump basket stays clean. It also has to be installed properly because you could get a clogged impeller otherwise. Your pump lid needs to be lubricated, and it should also be tightened so that there aren’t any air leaks.
- Your pump needs to be run between 8 and 12 hours every day to maintain your pool water’s level of cleanliness. You might need 24 hours if you want to improve your water quality.
- Another part of pool maintenance is to check on your pool pump every day to make certain that it is running as it should. You want your pool pump to be functioning normally and pumping a standard amount of water. You can sometimes “lose prime” because of air leaks or because the water level in your pool gets too low.
- Keep your ears open and find out if your pump is making any unsettling noises. You should also check to make sure your pool is getting good circulation. You can tell if you’re getting proper circulation because there will be water swirling in your skimmers, or you’ll get surface ripples from your returns.
Admiral Pools is Your Complete Swimming Pool Resource
Admiral Pools LLC is a multi-faceted company involved in the construction and renovation of all types of in-ground swimming pools, serving Baltimore, Harford, and Cecil Counties of Maryland and Southern Pennsylvania. Admiral Pools does the vast majority of our work with in-house personnel, and we pride ourselves on being a turnkey operation that provides retaining walls, hardscaping, fencing, and outdoor lighting. Customers can visit our retail location and showroom in Abingdon, MD, to purchase pool chemicals, as well as above-ground pools, spas, parts, maintenance equipment, pool games, and toys. Admiral Pools of Maryland is dedicated to providing our customers with the highest quality swimming pools, the best service, and a complete selection of parts and chemicals the retail industry has to offer. Contact Admiral Pool’s representative through our website today to receive your free quote, or call us at 1-866-297-POOL (7665). Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Pinterest for all of the latest updates and news in the recreational water industry.